The Automotive Safety Technologies GmbH (ASTech) was founded in 2009 as a joint venture between the Andata Entwicklungstechnologie GmbH (ANDATA)
and the Audi Electronic Venture GmbH (AEV)
. Our team specifies, develops, integrates, simulates and tests functions, algorithms and software for Driver Assistance Systems & Integrated Safety. Based on the technological approach taken by Andata and the technical know-how of Audi’s Vehicle Safety Teams, we are creating solutions every day for future safety systems in automobile industry.
Together with our employees and in close cooperation with customers and partners from the automotive sector, we develop the core know-how for integrated safety and future automotive mobility at our locations in Gaimersheim and Wolfsburg.
To enhance our team, we are looking for a
Working Student / Intern / Master’s Degree Student (m/f/d) for the creation of a student development platform
ASTech is currently developing a function development platform for students comprised of the following components: model vehicle for driving tests, simulation environment for function and system testing (Gazebo platform), ROS for function development and various tools such as git and Confluence in support of the development process.
The 1:8-scale model vehicle is equipped with servos for the steering control and an electric motor. The vehicle also features depth cameras, front and rear cameras, ultrasound sensors, a LIDAR system and an IMU.
In this position, you have the chance to work on various areas of the function development platform. Depending on the duration of the activity and your interests, you might be involved in some of the following areas:
- Creating sufficiently precise simulation models from real model vehicles using the Gazebo platform
- Linking existing libraries to the ROS infrastructure in order to read out the sensors and control the actuators in the model vehicle
- Developing and implementing an ROS software architecture that makes it easy to exchange real model vehicles and vehicle models in Gazebo
- Developing and creating a user interface in ROS for simplifying the test process by means of Gazebo and enabling a demonstration mode
Developing and implementing various algorithms:
- Detecting objects with cameras, depth cameras and/or LIDAR
- Merging objects in cases where the object detection occurs with multiple sensors
- Planning trajectories and lanes for circumventing obstacles
- Knowledge of C/C++ and/or Python programming languages
- Knowledge of ROS (Robot Operating System) and Gazebo is a plus
- Experience with Gazebo is a plus
We offer students an appealing place to work with the opportunity to take responsibility for exciting tasks and put their own ideas into practice. Proximity to decision-makers and a mentor and colleagues who are always on hand will help you settle quickly into the team and develop your professional expertise. We naturally offer a pleasant and relaxed working atmosphere, attractive remuneration and the latest office equipment.
Please send us your application documents which highlight your qualifications and motivation including the reference code. Send us specific details about your availability and remuneration expectations by using this application link: Online application
We are looking forward to hearing from you.
Automotive Safety Technologies GmbH